Play an active, integral role in the delivery of our sales and customer success strategy.
At Stackla, we’re solving modern marketers’ biggest challenge: the never-ending need for engaging and effective visuals to support all their campaigns, channels and audiences.
Stackla’s AI-powered visual content platform helps marketers discover and obtain the rights to billions of authentic user-generated visuals from across the social web, then seamlessly manage, publish and optimise those visuals alongside their existing branded assets to deliver engaging and personalised experiences at scale.
Over 350+ leading brands, including McDonald’s, Disney, Expedia, Toyota and Sony, now use Stackla’s visual content platform to reduce content costs, boost productivity and drive content performance.
With 60+ staff and offices in San Francisco, New York, Austin, Sydney and London, we serve a variety of verticals including travel, CPG, automotive, retail, nonprofit and entertainment. We’re also proud technology partnerships with enterprise marketing platforms like Sitecore, AdRoll and Twitter.
- Proudly #5 in Australia’s Best Places to Work study
- 5 Star Company Rating on Glassdoor
- Ranked #8 most innovative company in the NFP space
About the opportunity
The Sales Engineer is a key member of our EMEA revenue team. Reporting into the Director of Solutions, you will play an active, integral role in the delivery of our sales and customer success strategy by providing technical guidance during the pre-sales and post-sales process and scoping solutions based upon presented use-cases.
You will support and accelerate sales productivity and deal flow by securing the “technical close” in complex solutions. You will collaborate with the sales, customer success, and technical teams to ensure proposed deals and renewals include technical solutions that accurately address Stackla customer requirements and inspire confidence in all stakeholders.
As SE you will:
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand what they can achieve with Stackla
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of Stackla’s enterprise content solution
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases, collaborating with internal and external engineering teams as needed
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or custom integrations
- Prepare demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Stackla’s Platform
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Act as a technical support to the Sales and Customer Success resources within the business when dealing with existing clients and prospects.
- Lead enterprise level customer demos and serve as the leading product expert to illuminate key features, capabilities, and alignment with customer requirements
- Understand, scope and deliver Solutions (including Statements of Work) based upon use-cases presented by clients and/or prospects.
- Lead the RFP / RFQ and Security Assessment process from a technical side within the business.
To succeed in this role, you will lean on your:
- 3 + years experience as a sales engineer (or equivalent) with SaaS products
- A passion to serve the customer and genuine interest in sales processes, with client-facing experience, ideally sales engineering or customer support
- An ability to succinctly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, instilling confidence and trust in the customer
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience
- Education: Computer Science / Computer Engineering Degree and / or practical experience working across a diverse range of technologies
- Experience with scoping and managing system integrations and creating SOW documentation for clients
- Experience in managing/contributing to RFP / RFQ and Security Assessment documents
- Experience with Email Marketing / Behavioural Marketing Tools
- Experience in providing technical support
- Experience with web design / web development principles (HTML, CSS, JS, .Net, PHP, Adobe CS)
- Strong understanding of API / cloud infrastructure
- Experience managing expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
- Strong presentation and communication skills, ability to convert technical knowledge into plain language for prospects, clients and sales / CS staff
- Flexibility with working hours in order to collaborate effectively with our global teams across several time zones
- Highly collaborative and solution focused
- High level organisational skills, self-motivation and drive for results
Benefits at Stackla include your birthday day off, volunteer days, flexible work arrangements, on site weekly group fitness, paid parental leave, mobile phone allowance, and the best tech & tools to do your job.
Want to know more about our fantastic culture and #Stacklalife? Check out our careers page.
Applicants please note: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to respond to those shortlisted.
STACKLA SUPPORTS WORKPLACE DIVERSITY
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Applicants, please note you can view Stackla's Privacy Statement here.